A good choice for history buffs and people who want to learn more details about history, people and sights of Agra.
Agra heritage tour is meant for travelers with deep interest in history, romantics and people who want to explore the places they visit in detail rather than just see and click photos. For most tourists, Agra is limited to Taj Mahal and perhaps a visit to Agra Fort nearby. But Agra was the capital of Mughal empire under three kings and is full of history and stories which most people don’t know about. The city is gifted with numerous gardens, forts, mosques, mausoleums and bazars built by different people from 13th to 19th century.
One of the most important, yet lesser known example is I’timad-Ud-Daulah tomb built by queen Nur Janha in memory of her father. It is made of white marble, inlaid with precious and semi-precious stones and is considered by many historians as one of the major inspirations for Taj Mahal. A number of aspects from this tomb were copied in Taj Mahal.
This Heritage Tour of Agra is meant to fill you in with such facts and to discover the true heritage, sights and anecdotes which will make your Taj Mahal trip something to remember and recall fondly for whole life. Following are some important details of this tour:
- Transport with pickup and drop back in air-conditioned vehicles.
- Highly educated guides, some with multiple degrees in history.
- Visit Taj Mahal, Agra Fort. I’timad-Ud-Daulah’s Tomb , Agra bazar and some other places of interest can be included on request.
- Includes lunch from a high quality restaurant, bottled water.
- Entry fee of all monuments, toll tax, parking fee etc. are included.
- Route taken – Yamuna Expressway if pickup is from New Delhi.
- All such tours are private, just for you and your companions only.
Pickup and Drop back in Agra
- Cost per guest on twin sharing basis: INR 5500.
- Cost for a single guest: INR 8000
Pickup and drop back in New Delhi
- Cost per guest on twin sharing basis : INR 9500. INR 5000 for each extra guest.
- Cost for a single guest: INR 17000
- Get a photographer to take your pictures during the tour: INR 7000.
- A female guide, subject to availability.
- Include visit to Fatehpur Sikri, Mughal capital from 1571 to 1585 AD. INR 4000 per guest. Takes about 4 hours extra.
- Add Agra street food tasting option, for INR 2000 per guest.
We can start this tour by pickup from Delhi at almost anytime between 3:00 am and 11:00 am depending upon hotel location in Delhi and schedule of the day. For people who want to take pictures of Taj Mahal at sunrise or sunset, we can start early depending upon the season.
Please note that Taj Mahal and a few other monuments are closed on Fridays.